Home Made Ginger Tea

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I can't believe I have not blogged for months. I am glad I am back to blogging. Like always, I am looking forward to reading all your amazing recipes and trying them out too, in sha Allah. I will go right ahead and share with you a recipe of an amazing drink I made yesterday.



Ginger root is a hot, fragrant spice widely used in Asia. It is used fresh in all almost all of Indian cooking and can be used in it's dry powdered form.  Apart from the ginger I use to make scrumptious curries, I like use it to make myself a hot cup of tea with just ginger. It does not require any special tools or skills. It is great in treating colds and is great for digestion too. I usually add ginger root to boiling water and allow it to simmer for sometime before I serve t. But, this specific recipe, needs no boiling or simmering, yet tastes great.  It will be my go-to drink during winters.




Ingredients :

1. Ginger- 1 cup, grated
2. Honey-1 cup
3. Water as needeed

Directions:

1. Mix the grated ginger along with honey and set aside.

2. Bring the desired amount of water to a rolling boil.

3. Put two teaspoons of the ginger-honey mixture into a big coffee mug.

4. Pour the hot water over mixture, into the cup.

5. Stir well and sip hot.

6. Enjoy!


Note: I put the remaining ginger-mixture in a glass jar and save it int the refrigerator to be used for up to  a week.

2 comments:

  1. This does sound like a good one for the winters... lovely to see u back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sooo happy to see you back my friend! And I love this healthy and purifying tea you've come back with :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.