No-Knead Bread



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I have been away for longer than I expected from my blog. I have been cooking, baking, taking pictures and all that stuff but just did not post the recipes. I  thank all the readers who have been commenting on the older recipes and also my friends and relatives who have been trying my recipes and enjoying them.



One winter afternoon, I was invited over for a quick brunch by my best friend. The company and food were both amazing. Time just flew amidst all the conversations and laughter and and we quickly went back to our daily activities, looking forward to meeting again. One thing I really enjoyed among many other things she served was the bread she baked, that was very moist, very dense and soft on the inside and slightly crusty on the outside.  It tasted great with a good slathering of butter. It looked like she had worked hard for hours to bake it. I was surprised when she told me she didn't even knead it and it was very easy to bake. A few days later I gave it a try and it disappeared while we were tasting it before we could sit at the table to eat.



There is no better aroma than that of freshly baking bread wafting out of the oven, making the kitchen smell like a bakery. If you always wanted to bake your own bread at home but were too intimidated with the whole process of making one, you must try this recipe. You cannot ask for an easier one. It takes only a few moments of mixing, about less than an hour to rise and about 30 minutes for baking. Read on ...

Ingredients:

All Purpose Flour-4 cups
Water-2 cups (luke warm-110 deg F)
Salt-2 tsps
Sugar-2tsps
Active Dry Yeast-2 tsps
Butter: 2 tsps to grease the pans and to brush the top of the bread.

Directions:

1. Pour the warm water into a small  bowl, add the sugar, sprinkle the yeast and leave it aside to activate.

2.  In a tall big bow, add the flour , salt, and mix well.

3. Pour the water mixture onto the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix the flour and the water well until just combined.

4. Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl and set it to rise in a warm corner until it has doubled in size (approximately 20-30 mins).

5. Grease a round baking dish with butter and transfer the dough to the dish.

6. Cover with a plastic wrap and allow it to rest for another 20-30 minutes allowing it to rise a second time.

7. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, remove the wrap and place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.

8. Turn off the oven, remove the baking dish out and quickly brush it with the butter and allow it to cool slightly.

9. Remove from the bowl, cut into desired shapes and enjoy while it is still warm with lots of butter.

10 Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Wow... that sounds really easy to make... just mix and transfer! And really so soft... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As'salamu-alaykum ya habibti! I am so happy you love that bread as much as I do! I am sure your readers will find it equally delicious and super easy to fix in sha Allah :) Thank you for joining me that beautiful morning, the food tasted better because of you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.