Perfect Pancakes



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Pancakes are flat round cakes, cooked on a griddle and in North America served as a breakfast food. In the past have tried making them with the store-bought boxed mixes, at home from scratch, tried the gluten-free recipes. Nothing tasted like these ones that I made today for breakfast. Like many other recipes I have tried from myninjanaan's space, this one was a hit at home. They turned out fluffy, melt-in-the mouth and fabulous. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you Henna!

Ingredients:

All purpose flour-2 cups
Sugar-3 tbs
Salt-1/2 tsp
Baking Powder-2 tsps
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Butter milk-2 cups (2 cups milk mixed with 2 tbs of vinegar)
Melted Butter- 3tbs
Egg-1
Blue berries-a cup
Oil- as needed to grease the pan
Powdered sugar- enough to garnish




Directions:

1. In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix well.

2. Whisk together the butter, buttermilk, butter, egg and set aside.

3. Make a well in the flour mixture  and pour the liquid ingredients in and mix gently until the ingredients come together.

4. Set aside for ten minutes.

5. Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat and pour the batter with a 1/4 cup measure.

6. Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancake.

7. Flip the pancake and cook until it gets browned on the other side too.

8. Remove with a spatula onto a serving plate.

9. Sprinkle some powdered sugar, top with a dollop of butter some blue berries and serve hot.

10. Enjoy!








4 comments:

  1. Just look at them!!! Drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting and perfect pancakes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honestly humbled that you took the time out to post this recipe! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed it! My husband isn't much of a pancake eater, but my son absolutely adores them. I usually make a batch, cool them, and then freeze them for whenever he wants pancakes on a whim.
    I love the photo too! And thank you for taking the time to try these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really your pancakes are perfect. Pictures are beautifully clicked. Nice recipe !!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.