Seviyan Kheer (Vermicelli Pudding )



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Kheer is a milk based dessert that is extremely delicious and can be a little tricky to make it taste great. It has to be silky smooth in texture, subtly fragrant and sweet. It is made with a lot of variations. It could be made with sago pearls, rice, vermicelli, corn starch etc. Today, I shall share with you my perfected version of the kheer which turns out just right, everytime.

Ingredients:

Vermicelli-1/2 cup
Sugar-1/2 cup
Milk-7 cups
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Almond powder-2 tbs
Saffron strands-1/2 tsp
Pistachios (chopped)-1 tbs

Directions:

1. Put the vermicelli into a saute pan and dry roast them while stirring constantly until it changes color to a golden brown and set aside and allow it to cool.

2. In a heavy bottomed pot, add the milk along with the vermicelli and bring it to a boil on high heat.

3. Reduce the heat to a medium and place a lid just half way and allow it to simmer gently for 30 minutes and keep checking on the milk and stirring to make sure the milk is not burning at the bottom of the pot.

4. After 20 minutes, add the sugar, cardamom powder, almond powder, saffron strands and stir.

5. Reduce the heat to a low and let the kheer cook for 5 more minutes.

6. Turn off the stove and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.

7.. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped pistachios and a few saffron strands and serve.

8. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I can't stop drooling dear... yummmy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great looking dishes here! I can't keep up with all the dishes I want to make...there's always so many good ones :)
    Indian Restaurants in Laxmi Nagar

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.