Sardine Curry





Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

 This is a recipe for those days when you don't want to cook, yet have no other choice:) I have used canned sardines that are wild caught, in olive oil. They are soft, yet firm and do not disintegrate while cooking. When cooked in a thick tomato gravy, turns out finger-licking good. Read on and make sure you cook them soon if you already have some sardines around.

Ingredients:

Sardines in olive oil- 1 can
Tomatoes -4 medium, peeled and cubed
Salt- to taste
Kashmiri Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-as needed
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Onions-1 small, sliced
Cilantro- to garnish


Directions:

1. Heat oil in a medium sized pot and add onions to it and fry them until they turn golden brown.

2. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir fry for a brief minute.

3. Put in the tomatoes and fry until pulpy.

4. Add the salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and allow the ingredients to come together and the oil separates itself from the tomatoes.

5. Add the sardines along with the oil and stir them around carefully and reduce the heat to a medium and cook for five minutes.

6. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.

7. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. simple spicy curry.. somehow I don't like sardine but I eat in its curry form...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.