Have you been reading "raw", "vegan", "dairy free" and "super foods", a lot lately? This recipe has all of it. It is definitely very healthy as it is sugar-free and I have also sneaked in a gorgeous vegetable., the beets. And if you are a person who enjoys sweet things for breakfast, this recipe is for you. And what's even more cool is you can actually make a big batch of it ahead of time and refrigerate it and eat it for breakfast or even dessert for the next couple days.
For those who are not aware of what chia seeds are, they are these tiny speckled seeds that are the cousins of the basil seeds used in making the poular ice-cream drink, falooda. They both swell up when soaked in a liquid and become gelatinous. They are very high in fiber, full of protein, are a great source of calcium....the list goes on. This recipe is just a basic one. The additions you can make to it are endless. Read on and figure out....
Chia Seeds-2-3 tbs
Almond Milk-2 cups
Grated Coconut-for garnish
For the Beets version,
Steamed beet puree-as needed
Grated beets-for garnish
1. Into a tall cup, pour the almond milk and the chia seeds and give it a good stir.
2. Refrigerate it for atleast 4-5 hours.
3. When serving, add the honey and salt and stir once again.
4. Pour into serving bowls, garnish with grated coconut and enjoy.
For the beet version,
1. Mix in the beet puree into the almond milk and chia seeds and chill in the refrigerator over night.
2. Pour the pudding into serving bowls and garnish with shredded beets.