If there is one vegetable that I am impressed beyond words, or that offers so many health benefits, it is a pumpkin. It t does not have a taste of it's own, you could cook it in so many different ways. You could make unlimited number of desserts, soups, curries, shakes etc. All of those you are now going to see them in posts soon in shaa Allah.
This post will show you how to whip up a batch of pumpkin soup with very few ingredients. You would never tell it is made with pumpkin if you were not told. Many people think pumpkins are tasteless. Yes they are but because of their nutritional benefits, you have to eat them, people! Read on and see for yourself how easy it is.
Pumpkin-2 cups grated
Salt- to taste
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Ground Pepper -to taste
Coconut milk-12 ozs ( a cup and a half)
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Curry leaves-a few
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onions and saute until they turn translucent.
2. Add the chopped garlic and stir until it turns slightly brown and turn fragrant.
3. Put in the cumin seeds along with the curry leaves and stir briefly.
4. To the pan add the grated pumpkin along with salt, turmeric powder and cook on medium heat with the lid on, until they soften a little bit.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and increase the heat to a high until the mixture comes to a boil.
6. At this point, turn off the stove and allow it to cool a little bit.
7. Use an immersion blender and blend the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
8. Pour into serving bowls and drizzle some coconut milk on the top and sprinkle some ground pepper and serve hot.