Eid ul Adha Mubarak and Smashed Potatoes


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I know it has been a long time since Eid is over. However, a belated Eid ul Adha Mubarak to all my readers and Hajj Mubarak to all those had an opportunity to perform Hajj this year.

It is always a pleasing  to eat vegetables and lighter meals, after eating festive and  meaty ones. Also, when vegetables are cooked and served in cool and attractive ways, they add a shine to the table and make your picky-eaters reach for them  first:) Smashed potatoes are one way to excite everyone at home to eat healthy foods. Read along and see how easy it is to smash your potatoes:)

Ingredients:

Potatoes- 8 small ones, scrubbed and washed well
Water- good enough to boil
Salt-to taste
Black pepper- to taste
Olive Oil- enough to brush
Fresh dill leaves- few

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 450 deg F.

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray some oil onto it.

3. To a big pot, add water and potatoes and boil them until fork tender.

4. Drain the water and allow the potatoes to cool off just a bit.

5. Place one potato at a time on a chopping board and with the help of a flat plate ( I used a dough scraper) , press it down flat.

6. Repeat the same process until all the potatoes are  smashed flat and carefully lift them up and place them onto the baking sheet.

7. Sprinkle salt, pepper and spray or drizzle some olive oil onto each potato.

8. Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until they turn crispy and golden brown.

9. When done remove them from the oven and place them onto a serving platter and sprinkle some fresh dill leaves and serve hot.

10. Enjoy!










2 comments:

  1. Eid Mubarak to you as well! These smashed potatoes look great! I'm sure the little ones devoured them in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    juice in india

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.