Everything good in the world is in this glass of lemonade. It is a great drink to cool off in hot weather and a smart way to keep the colds away during winter. The goodness of beets and it's gorgeous color, combined with the goodness of honey and that of lemons, makes it the best drinks ever. This very simple and easy to make lemonade can be made with all natural and fresh ingredients and it does not even contain the not-good at-all refined sugar.
Beets- 2 small ( scrubbed, washed and cut into cubes)
Lemon juice-2-3 tbs
Fresh mint leaves-to garnish
1. Pour 2 cups of water into a sauce pan along with the cubed beets and bring them to a boil on high heat and then let them simmer for 5-8 minutes.
2. Turn off the stove and allow the beets and the colored water to cool.
3. Take a serving glass pour water, lemon juice, salt, 3 tbs of beet water and stir well.
4. Garnish with mint leaves and a slice of lemon and enjoy!
- You could add some ginger juice too along with the lemon juice.
-Add ice cubes if desired.