Trifle Pudding is a stunning dessert made with layers of different textures, flavors and colors. It is very fancy looking and easy to put together. With whipped cream and custard as the basic ingredient, you could use limitless combinations of fruit and different kinds of cakes to layer. You could either make everything like the whipped cream, jelly, custard etc., from scratch and use fresh fruit or, use store bought whipped cream, pound cake and canned fruits. The choice is yours.
Since we had a lot of guests over to break fast with us during Ramadan, I had to use short cuts for making the dessert as I also had to cook dinner. However, I have made sure to buy the canned fruit with fruit in light syrup or in water or in it's own juice.
Pound Cake- 1 cut into bite sized cubes (Sara Lee, family size)
Whipped Cream- 24 ozs ( one big and one small container)
Canned Papaya-1 can, drained
Canned Mandarin Oranges-1 can, drained
Canned Pineapples- 1 can, drained
Yellow Custard-2 cups (made from the box)
Sweetened Condensed Milk-1 can
Halal Fruit Flavored Jello -Pre-made from one box, cut into cubes.
1. In a large mixing bowl, pour in the whipped cream and to it add the condensed milk and give it a gentle mix.
2. Add all the drained fruit except the mandarin oranges to the whipped cream mixture and mix well.
3. In a large trifle bowl add a layer of the cake cubes.
4. Follow with a even layer of custard.
5. Then pour out a layer of the whipped cream mixture.
6. Spread out the jello cubes over the whipped cream mixture.
7. Repeat layering until you fill up the bowl while keeping the whipped cream as the top layer.
8. Decorate the top layer with the saved mandarin oranges.