Cantaloupe Lassi

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I can't believe it has been months since I have not been blogging. However, I am back now and wish to bring you the recipes of the stuff I have been cooking while I was away.

Lassi is a popular Indian yogurt based drink and could be made sweet or savory, with fruits or without. Regardless of the ways in which it can be made, it is very refreshing and helps cool down the heat from any spicy meal. While Texas has been seeing three digit temperatures, I came up with this cool way of adding cantaloupe to my lassi and the result was extremely good. It had a hint of sweetness from the honey, a bit of tang from the lemon juice a mild fragrance of the cantaloupe itself.

Ingredients:

Yogurt-1 cup
Cantaloupe-1 cup, peeled and cubed
Honey-1 tbs
Lemon juice-1 tsp
Water-1/4 cup
Mint leaves- enough to garnish

Directions:

1. Blend together all the ingredients until smooth and frothy.

2. Pour into serving glasses and garnish with some mint leaves and a piece of cantaloupe.

3. Enjoy




4 comments:

  1. oh wow !! this shud be just grerat for the summer...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time no see! Good to see you back after so long :) This lassi idea is so genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Henna. Insha Allah I will be consistent this time with blogging:)

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.