While I am still not fully convinced about the benefits of a gluten-free diet, I am enjoying exploring gluten-free recipes. These delicate rolls are made with crispy edible rice paper, always found in the Asian section of any Grocery Store. The paper is dipped in warm water for a brief moment to soften it up and make it pliable. A mixture of sauteed vegetables along with chicken or fish can be used as a filling and the paper is rolled up and the filling is secured inside of the beautiful sheer wrap. Read on and see how I made it.
Rice Paper- as needed
Warm water-as needed
For the filling
Bell peppers-2 cups, cubed
Chicken-2 cups, cubed
Lemon Juice-as needed
Black Pepper powder-to taste
Fresh Cilantro- a few tbs, chopped
Ginger-garlic Paste-1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute the bell peppers, sprinkled with salt and pepper on high heat for a few seconds.
2. Transfer the bell papers to a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat some more oil and saute the chicken along with ginger-garlic paste, salt, and pepper powder until done and transfer the chicken to the bowl of bell peppers.
4. Drizzle the lemon juice and add the fresh cilantro to the chicken mixture and toss to combine the ingredients and set aside.
5. Take a wide mouthed bowl with warm water and dip one rice paper for 5 seconds.
6. Once softened, place it on a clean and dry plate.
7. Spoon out a 2 tablespoons full of the veggie mixture onto the center of the paper.
8. Grab one edge of the paper and bring it over the filling.
9. Fold in the two side flaps and roll the entire paper up securely.
10. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with a sauce of your choice.