I texted my brother and said that this was a flourless, butter/oil-less, sugar-free chocolate cake, he texted back and said "If nothing, what's in there? "Yeah, it has very few unusual ingredients. It is a gluten free, sweetened with dates and made with canned chickpeas. It is not like a flour cake. It is more like a cheese cake. Extremely soft, super moist, dense yet light- a guilt-free dessert! Nothing but goodness in it. I have adapted it from www.cookingwithalia.com.
Chickpeas- 1 can (drained)
Hot water-1 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Dark Chocolate-8 oz
1. Preheat the oven to 360 deg F.
2. Soak the pitted dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate over a double boiler and set aside.
4. Put all the ingredients into the jar of a good blender., the chickpeas, the melted chocolate, soaked dates along with the water, salt, baking powder, the eggs and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
5. Grease a pan and line it with a parchment paper and pour the mixture in and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Turn off the oven and let the cake sit in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Take the cake pan out of the oven and place it on the counter top and allow it to cool completely.
8. When cooled, invert the cake onto a serving platter, cut into pieces and enjoy!