Making your own almond milk at home is so rewarding. You get to drink the meal without any kind of stabilizers or added ingredients and also use up the almond meal for a number of things. You could add it to smoothies, make desserts, or use it to thicken your gravies.
Almonds-2 cups (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1. Use a good blender and blend together the soaked almonds and water until it reaches a very smooth consistency.
2. Strain the almond mixture using a fine strainer or a cheese cloth.
3. Press the almond meal and get all the almond milk out.
4. Pour it into a clean glass container and refrigerate.
- Almond milk is highly perishable. It must be used up within two to three days
- The almond meal can be dehydrated and used as almond flour
-The longer the almonds are soaked, the creamier the milk will be
-Blend a plump medjool date or two if you wish to sweeten the milk