Breakfast Oatmeal

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

With all the benefits oatmeal has to offer, it makes me look for a number of different ways to make them and add a variety to the options I have. I prefer my oatmeal to be on the thicker side, not overly sweet and mild in flavor. I am hooked to this oatmeal for now. What's your favorite way of eating oatmeal?

Ingredients:

Rolled Oats- 1 cup (Soaked in cold water over night and rinsed)
Whole Milk-2 cups
Salt-a pinch
Medjool Dates-2-3 pitted and cut into small pieces
Coconut Oil-1 tbs
Shredded coconut-1 tsp (toasted)


Directions:

1. Bring milk to a boil and add the soaked oats and allow them to cook for two minutes.

2. Reduce the heat and allow them to simmer for a few minutes.

3. Turn off the stove and sprinkle on the salt, add the pieces of dates, give it a mix  and cover with a lid and let it rest for five minutes until the dates soften.

4. Transfer to a serving bowl, pour the coconut oil on top and sprinkle the toasted coconut.

5. Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. that's a really tempting breakfast... love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating oatmeal for breakfast! It's such a filling and nutritious way to start the day. Your oatmeal looks fabulous, and I love how you soaked the oats overnight. I'm sure that aids in speeding up the cooking time as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We try tried it today it was so delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We try tried it today it was so delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.