Mango Salsa

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

After a spell of long and severe winter, everything about Spring looks beautiful. The sunrises, sunsets, blooms on trees, the brighter sunlight during the day and the sights and songs of birds, bunnies  hopping through the yard and all. This change around me has renewed my  interest in cooking and the variations I could make in the food we eat at home.

I had bought some mangoes (kent) which were rather firm and were a little tart. When left on the counter top for a couple days, they turn super soft and are fiber less. I chopped them up and made a mango salsa. It was super delicious, vibrant in color, fresh in flavors, crunchy in bite, chunky in texture. It could be served in a number of ways. Along with a regular meal, with tacos, with tortilla chips or  on the side with some grilled fish.

Ingredients:

Ripe mango-1 big ( peeled and cut into small cubes)
Tomatoes-2 small (de-seeded and cut into small cubes)
Onion-2 tbs ( diced)
Salt- to taste
Lemon juice-2 tbs
Jalapenos-1 tsp,(chopped)
Cilantro- 2 tbs( chopped)

Directions:

1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl.

2. Toss them together and refrigerate for and hour to allow the flavors to  blend well.

3. Transfer to a serving bowl.

4.Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. please pass on that bowl to me dear.. so yum...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over Rafs! One day in sha ALlah.

      Delete
  2. Salsa luks beautiful n delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE mango salsa! It goes wonderfully with so many things! I love it especially with grilled fish or chicken.
    This past winter truly was very dreary. The sudden change in weather has also given me the energy to tackle projects that needed to be taken care of :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, love the mango salads. Came across your page and love finding fellow muslim mum bloggers. Salaams.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.