Creamy Chicken Curry (I am back!!!)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

I am finally back to blogging after a very long and unintended absence. I have missed posting my own recipes as well as reading yours.

My deepest regards to all those readers who have emailed me personally and checked on me.  Thank you all once again from the bottom of my heart.


To break the silence on my blog, I am sharing with you,  a recipe for a Chicken Curry that is a breeze to put together, when you have very little time to cook. It tastes super delicious, is all creamy without the actual cream. Below are the ingredients and the way I cooked it.

Ingredients:

Chicken-1 whole cut up
Salt- to taste
Kashmiri mirch powder-as desired
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsps
Cashews-2 tbs (dry roasted and ground to a fine paste)
Yogurt-1/2 cup (whisked)
Curry leaves- 10-12
Oil-2 tbs
Water- as needed
Coriander powder-1 tbs
Garam masala-1 tsp

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a big pot.

2. Add the pieces of chicken and cook until it changes color and starts to turn brown.

3. In a bowl add the yogurt, cashew paste, salt,  kashmiri pepper powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, coriander powder, garam masala and mix them all to gether and make a paste.

4. Pour the yogurt mixture into the pot of chicken and give it a stir and cover the pot with a lid and cook on medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.

5. When you will see oil float on separate itself from the thick gravy, add enough water to get a desired consistency and cook on low heat for a couple more minutes.

6. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.

7. Enjoy!








7 comments:

  1. yes, too long a break... hehe... :) that chicken curry looks really yum, a couple of naans and I am done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like will be delicious recipe. and I love to enjoy reading and learning new things. Thanks for share and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam!
    I'm soooo so so sooooo happy to see that you're back! :)
    I emailed you a few weeks ago.. hope you're doing well and I can't wait to see what you've been up to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making curry chicken today, in sha Allah. Jazakum Allah Khayran for the post!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.