After a long absence, I am back with something really exciting for all the healthy eaters:) Yes, I made these gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free muffins. They were crumbly, and not overly sweet and tasted great, right out of the oven on a day when the temperature was dipping down to the twenties in mid- November:) I could not tell the difference between the wheat flour muffins and these almond flour muffins. I did not bother to add any frosting as I wanted to enjoy them as they are:) I think I will be making these more frequently for some guilt-free indulgence
Almond Flour-2 cups
Coconut Four-8 tbs
Baking powder-2 tbs
Coconut Butteer-8 tbs
Coconut Palm Sugar-1 cup
Lemon Zest-1 tsp
Blue berries-1/2 cup
1. Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder well and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl of the standing mixer, add the eggs and whisk until frothy.
3. Gradually add the coconut butter, sugar and the lemon zest and let the ingredients come together.
4. Add the dry ingredients and allow them to get incorporated well.
5. Turn off the mixer and mix in the blueberries.
6. Preheat the oven to a 350 deg F.
7. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and pour a scoop full of batter into each cup.
8. Place the muffin tin onto the middle rack of the oven and bake until the tops have browned a bit and when a skewer poked into the muffin comes out clean.
9. Turn off the oven and quickly remove the tin and allow it to cool down a little bit before serving. Enjoy!