Pumpkin Puree

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I have eaten pumpkins when growing up but cooked in limited ways.  Henna has been  inspiring me  and making me want to cook more pumpkin with all her delicious goodies, she has been posting lately. I thought hey! Why not make the pumpkin purée first and that would open new possibilities to incorporate pumpkin in our daily diet.



In order to make the best tasting and smooth textured purée, you must look for a small and firm pumpkin and not the big and warty ones. The whole process takes time but, you can actually do it while multitasking in the kitchen:) Here's how I made mine.



Ingredients :

Pumpkin-1 small and firm pumpkin

Directions :

1. Preheat the oven at 400 deg F.

2. Wash the pumpkin well and lay it sideways and carefully cut off the stem.

3. Let is sit on its base and cut it into two equal halves. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon along with the hairy membrane.

4. Lay the two halves, skin side up onto a baking tray.

5. Put the tray in the preheated oven and let it bake for 45 minutes or more, until you see the skin all shriveled up and shrunk a little bit in size.

5. Carefully push a knife in and if it goes in and comes out easily through the pumpkin, it is done.

6. Turn off the oven and let it rest in the oven for ten more minutes.

7. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.

8. Peel the skin off completely and cut the flesh into big chunks.

9. Use a hand blender or food processor and blend until smooth and soft.

10. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate it for later use.

2 comments:

  1. good one... i've seen bakes with pumpkin and i always wonder how they taste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo!!!! I'm sooooo excited to see what you come up with! I'm totally glued to my computer until I see all of the fun things you make :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.