Pumpkin Milkshake

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

My recent obsession with Pumpkins took me back to my childhood days, when I watched huge pumpkins grow on slender vines that wrapped themselves around a tall curry leaf tree by our kitchen balcony. A bright yellow flower turned into a gigantic pumpkin within days and clung on happily to the stem that seemed to hold it even without a slightest bend. When the pumpkin was ready to be picked, I jumped down from the kitchen balcony onto compound wall, picked the pumpkin and gingerly walked back into the kitchen, showing Mom how brave I was:)



Fast forward to my own kitchen, I find myself among children who can eat pizzas with all the toppings, but have trouble eating vegetables by themselves. They will drink up smoothies without effort, without caring for what went into it but will not eat traditional curries:) So, I tried making this pumpkin milkshake this afternoon with the pumpkin puree and I got the best comments and folks called it the "best" milk shake ever:)



Ingredients:

Almond Milk-2-4 cups
Pumpkin Puree-1 cup
Coconut Sugar-as needed
Pumpkin Pie Spice-a pinch
Fresh Mint Leaves -to garnish

Directions:

1. Blend together all the ingredients until well combined.

2. Pour into serving glasses.

3.Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. looks refreshingly yummy. really nice blend of flavors going in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats an interesting and unique milkshake made with pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alhamdollilah. Maashaalla. This drink is like from heaven!! keep it up habibti. I would like to cook as well as you someday. But now I am slowly learning at home and when I get my own blog I hope you will see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so refreshing... my kids also have a problem with eating vegetables... but they dun fancy smoothies as well... what do i do? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! It looks like your kids are enjoying your pumpkin adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious - I can't get enough of pumpkin-flavoured treats at this time of year. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.