Cucumber-Yogurt Smoothie

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Who needs the heat of Summer to enjoy a cooling smoothie on any day? Fall has arrived, but a tad bit late here in Texas and the leaves  have not changed colors yet but there is definitely a hint of chill in the air. And I made a cool cucumber smoothie to sit down and sip on a cold afternoon over the weekend:) This cucumber smoothie is a super-refreshing and cooling, is a perfect blend of flavor and texture with a hint of tartness from the lemon juice. It is not like the yogurt sauce aka the "raita" by any means:) Go give it a try and enjoy!

Ingredients:

Persian Cucumbers-2
Yogurt-1 cup
Salt-to taste
Lemon juice-2 tsps
Mint leaves-a handful
Crushed Black Pepper-1 tsp

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients until soft and smooth.

2. Pour ingredients into a serving glass and garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. nice flavorful and refreshing drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cucumber, mint, and yogurt are such cooling ingredients. I bet that this would be amazing after a spicy desi meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This smoothie sounds so wonderful and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen you post in quite a while... I hope you're doing alright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for checking on me, Henna! It means a lot:) I love you!

      Been busy all the time and now under the weather:( In sha Allah will post my recipes soon:)

      Delete
    2. Oh no! I hope you get better soon!
      I'm just glad you're okay :)

      Delete
  5. I like your cooking....salma

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.