Beet Milkshake






Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Beets fall under the category of detoxifying vegetables. They  add a splash of their gorgeous color along with their benefits to anything you cook them with. They are very versatile, yet often neglected vegetable. They  can be used in  both, savory and sweet ways. I had some beets sitting in the fridge for weeks now( and yes, they don't go bad quickly) and gave me a good reason to pair them with some almond milk I had in there, sitting too:). To this I added some ground cardamom powder made this gorgeous milk shake in minutes.



Ingredients:

Almond milk-6 cups
Beets-2 medium, peeled
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Coconut Sugar-as needed
Water-1/4 cup



Directions:

1. Cut the beets into small pieces and boil them in water until they have softened up and the water has all dried up.

2. Turn off the stove and allow the beets to cool completely.

3. Blend together the almond milk, coconut sugar, cardamom powder and the beets until well blended and frothy.

4. Pour into serving glasses and enjoy!




8 comments:

  1. These are just sooo gorgeous! I loveee the deep beautiful pink color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of beet milkshake.. Hubby and son both are beetroot lovers.. I can't wait to try this dear.. Also, please collect your Versatile blogger and ABC award from me, http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/2013/10/a-versatile-blogger-award-abc-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so amazing... love the colors and the pics too... the grass just gives the red an even more bigger kick!!! i've never been a fan of beets, but i do want to start using it in my diet more often soon InShaAllah....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...it is beautiful....don't have words to describe...I love the color and of course its taste will be great

    http://resnastastyhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of the milkshake. And quite a different take from the usual milkshakes too. The clicks are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures, lovely color & healthy drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. colourful milkshake looks healthy and delicious

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.