Tuna and Eggplant curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I would never have thought about cooking eggplants with tuna. On one pleasant afternoon at my parent's home during our trip during the Summer Break, Mom whipped up this delightful curry in a few minutes and served us for lunch along with simple lentil soup  and plain rice. I enjoyed it a lot and asked her for the recipe. It is very simple and only takes a couple minutes to cook. I hope you can try making it too. Tell me what is your favorite vegetable to pair with tuna.

Ingredients:

Tuna( wild caught)-1 can, drained
Salt-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Oil-as needed( I have used extra virgin, cold pressed sunflower oil)
Onions-1/2 thinly sliced
Eggplants-3-4 small ones, cut into cubes
Tomatoes-1 medium, cubed
Cilantro-to garnish

Directions:

1. Pour a tsp of oil in a pot and stir-fry the eggplant cubes until they change color.

2. Remove the egg plant cubes into a bowl and set aside.

3. Stir fry the tomatoes for a brief minute and set aside.

4. Add some more oil and fry the onions until they turn golden brown and add ginger garlic paste and stir until it gets fried.

5. Add the drained tuna along with salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder, and fry on medium heat until all the ingredients get incorporated.

6. Put the eggplants, and the tomatoes into the pot of tuna and stir carefully  making sure the eggplants and tomatoes do not disintegrate.

7. Cover with a lid and cook on medium low heat for a few minutes.

8. Turn off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.

9. Enjoy!


 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting combination! Have never tried tuna vit any vegetables...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would never ever have thought to mix baingan and tuna! That is so interesting! It looks like creativity in the kitchen runs in your family ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.