Maash Ki Daal-3

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

 How cool is it to cook the same food in many different ways with a slight variation in ingredients or maybe the way of cooking and get the folks all excited about eating healthy and appreciating home cooked food:) This is the way my mother-in-law's makes it and serves with silky-soft rotis. I have not yet developed a taste for it yet but, everyone who eats it, loves it. If you already cook it this way, continue doing it as this is a very healthy lentil. If you have never cooked it this way, you must try it once and you will definitely make it again and again.

Ingredients:

Maash ki Daal( Urad daal or skinless black gram)-1 cup
Water-2 cups or as needed
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste-1 tsp

For tempering

Ghee(Clarified Butter)-1-2 tbs
Onions-1 medium, sliced
Mint leaves-few
Cilantro leaves-a few
Green peppers-as needed
Ground black pepper-1/4 tsp

Directions:
1. Pressure cook the black gram with two cups of water, until soft yet still in shape along with salt, red pepper powder, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste. When done, turn off the stove and when cooled, transfer to a serving bowl.

(Or, if you do not wish to use a pressure cooker, cook the black gram in a pot until done.)

2. Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions until brown and crispy.

3. Pour the ghee along with the fried onions onto the daal in the serving bowl.

4. Garnish with cilantro leaves, mint leaves, green pepper and sprinkle some ground pepper.

5. Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. u r tempting me to make this dal... such a comfortable bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mash ki dal looks delicious love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am your newest follower you have a very nice blog.

      Delete
  3. Mash ki daal is my family's favorite, your version is quick & delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time here..In Sha Allah I will try this. Following you , will be happy if you follow me back as well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds a lot like the way my in-laws make masoor dal! The bhagaar on this looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.