Chicken Pulao


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Baking is therapeutic to some. To me, cooking is! Using organic ingredients, fresh herbs, roasting spices and grinding them using a  mortar and  pestle and then cooking in a steel pot, (not the toxic non-stick ones) and feeding loved ones is invigorating to me.

But then, there are days when I cannot cook foods that require elaborate preparations. That is when I resort to short cuts and cook one pot meals that make picky- eaters and some not -so-picky one's. I can be easy on myself and not have to  cook, clean, serve and clean again:)

Take a look at my Chicken Pulao that literally made me use only one pot and one spoon:) This is a very flavorful yet simple, satisfying and a warm meal.

Ingredients

Chicken( organic, free range)-1 Whole cut up, cleaned and washed
Salt-to taste
Oil-2-3 tbs
Onions-2 medium, sliced
Cinnamon sticks-4-5
Black Cardamom-4
Black pepper corns-1 tbs
Cloves-12
Coriander-powder-1 tbs
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
Rice-3 cups(soaked in cold water for 20 mins
Boiling Water-6 cups
Green peppers-4, slit into two

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot and fry onions until they turn golden brown and crispy.

2. Add the chicken along with the ginger garlic paste and salt and cook while stirring in between until the chicken changes color and turns slightly brown.

3. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, pepper corns and coriander powder and cook until oil seperates from the chicken.

4. Pour the boiling water carefully into the pot followed by the rice and green peppers.

5. Cook with a lid on, until most of the water dries up.

6. Reduce the heat to a medim and secure the pot with an aluminum foil and place the lid tightly and cook until done or the foil puffs up and you see steam struggling to escape.

7. Remove the lid and the foil and sprinkle the cumin seeds on the top and cover the lid back on , turn off the stove and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.

8. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. mashAllah this looks soooo good! I love love love one-pot meals and I especially love pulao :) My mother in-law makes pulao similar to yours, except my husband's side of the family refers to pulao as "saadi biryani"...
    and on a side note, your serving dish is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah... that pulao of urs is making me salivate!!! i do agree the feeling of cooking for family is really great... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy pulav...
    have a nice day n tc..
    Quick Picks - Spagetti puliyodharai
    Pick quicks - Do urself kidsroom concepts

    ReplyDelete
  4. When u cook in a healthier way nd feeds ur family,, somewhere u feel satisfied ..chkn pulao luks delicious

    Y dont u link this to my event
    Ongoing Event-Back 2 School

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time. myself very happy to read it because it can give me more insight,thanks.
    poker online

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.