Carrot Fruit and Nut Cake

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


This cake is very dense, has a moist crumb and is bursting with cardamom flavor. Each bite includes plump raisins and slivered almonds and  is best served with a cup of coffee. I had baked this cake when we had my very good friend and her family over for dinner. We had gotten together as families after almost a year although we live only a mile away:) We enjoyed each others company and the cake too:)

Ingredients:

All purpose flour(Organic Unbleached)-2 cups
Salt-1/4 tsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Sugar- 1 cup
Vegetable Oil-1 cup
Eggs-4 large( organic at room temperature)
Carrots( steamed and pureed)-1 cup
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Raisins-1/4 cup
Slivered Almonds-1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp

Directions:

1. Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder well and set aside.

2. Preheat the oven at 350 deg F.

3. In a standing mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs till frothy.

4. Add the cardamom powder, turmeric powder, oil , carrot puree and sugar and mix for a minute.

5. Slowly pour the flour and run the mixer only until just mixed, making sure the wet and the dry ingredients just came together. Turn off the mixer ans add the raisins and almonds and give it a gentle mix.

6. Grease a bundt pan lightly and pour the batter in and bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

7. Turn the oven off and pull out the cake pan and invert it onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.

8. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. that's a lovely cake... carrots steamed and pureed? i normally just grate it into the cake... should try ur version... dear, I guess u should invest some time and set up ur recipe index... any help, do let me know!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rafs@ Great suggestion to make a recipe index. I am on a time crunch right now. As soon as I find some time, I will do that.

      Delete
  2. a lovely golden colored cake in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh look at that gorgeous yellow color on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henna, yes the turmeric powder lent it the vibrant color. We can actually use turmeric in almost anything we cook or bake:)

      Delete
  4. This carrot cake looks wonderful with raisins and nuts. It's been awhile since I made a carrot cake, please save a slice for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like that cake has a perfect texture!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.