This cake is very dense, has a moist crumb and is bursting with cardamom flavor. Each bite includes plump raisins and slivered almonds and is best served with a cup of coffee. I had baked this cake when we had my very good friend and her family over for dinner. We had gotten together as families after almost a year although we live only a mile away:) We enjoyed each others company and the cake too:)
All purpose flour(Organic Unbleached)-2 cups
Baking powder-1 tsp
Sugar- 1 cup
Vegetable Oil-1 cup
Eggs-4 large( organic at room temperature)
Carrots( steamed and pureed)-1 cup
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Slivered Almonds-1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
1. Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder well and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 deg F.
3. In a standing mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs till frothy.
4. Add the cardamom powder, turmeric powder, oil , carrot puree and sugar and mix for a minute.
5. Slowly pour the flour and run the mixer only until just mixed, making sure the wet and the dry ingredients just came together. Turn off the mixer ans add the raisins and almonds and give it a gentle mix.
6. Grease a bundt pan lightly and pour the batter in and bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Turn the oven off and pull out the cake pan and invert it onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.