No, I have not been cooking unhealthy food lately. This is just one of the pending recipes that has been waiting for such a long time to be posted:) I believe anything cooked at home, even if deep-fried is definitely more healthier than the store bought deep fried snacks that have been fried in oil that has not been renewed even after multiple times of re-frying.
Boondi mixture is a very delicious crunchy snack made with little fried drops of chickpea flour batter and mixed with various seasonings and spices. It is best served with a cup of hot tea when you have company.
Salt- to taste
Red chilli powder-to taste
Curry leaves- two sprigs
1. Heat oil in a pan and slowly put the curry leaves in and let them turn darker in color and allow them to become crisp.
2. Remove the curry leaves with a spoon and set aside
3. Fry the peanuts in the same oil until you smell a nutty smell and they turn slightly brown.
4. Remove the peanuts with a spoon and set aside.
5. Put in the asafoetida followed by red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir quickly and turn off the stove and lift the pan off of the stove to stop the cooking process and to keep the seasonings from burning.
6. Into the same pan, add the boondi, peanuts and the curry leaves(crush the leaves before adding them to the boondi).
7. Toss them in the pan and mix gently to get all the ingredients get mixed well.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!