There is no right or wrong way of cooking this boneless chicken fillet. This is just one way of making it. You have a lot of options to use to coat the fillet. For example, you can use rice flour or chickpea flour if you are looking at a gluten free version. You may also use bread crumbs if you wish to.
The salad I have served with chicken has a few vegetables I had on hand and you may use what you like or prefer. The exciting part of the salad is the dressing which is a mixture of pomegranate molasses, olive oil, crushed black pepper, balsamic vinegar and salt. You may use a dressing of your choice. The idea is to get creative and serve real home cooked food:)
Chicken fillet-1-2, thinly cut, washed and patted dry
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-10 taste
Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tsp
For the salad.
Lettuce- as needed
For the dressing
Pomegranate molasses-1 tbs
Balsamic Vinegar-1 tsp
Black crushed pepper-a pinch
Olive oil-1 tsp
Directions to cook the chicken:
1. Mix together salt, red pepper powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste well.
2. Rub the mixture on the fillets of chicken and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium -high heat, dip the chicken fillets in the semolina to coat well and fry on each side until cooked and turns a golden brown in color and develops a crispy crust. Remove it from the pan and place it on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
Directions for the salad:
1. Mix together the balsamic vinegar, pomegranate molasses, salt, black pepper and olive oiland set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the vegetables and pour the dressing over them and toss and allow the dressing to coat the vegetables.
Directions to serve
1. Place two lettuce leaves on a serving plate and put a desired amount of the salad and place the pan-fried chicken fillet on top.