Cashew Fritters

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Just when I had returned from my vacation and thought I was all ready to blog, life got busier with my children going back to School:) I have been cooking, taking pics and just not able to type up the recipes and post them. Hopefully, I will have more time at hand quickly and shall blog more frequently  in sha Allah.

This post (Cashew Fritters) has been sitting in my drafts for a while now. I had actually made this quick snack for iftaar in Ramadan. Cashews happen to be my favorite nuts and it was all the more a reason to make them. Each bite was a nutty, creamy and crunchy goodness.



Ingredients:

Cashews(Raw)-2 cups
Besan-1/2 cup
Water-as needed
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Oil- enough to shallow fry
Chaat Masala-1 tsp

Directions:

1. Mix together all the dry ingredients except the chaat masala and add the cashews to the mixture.

2. Sprinkle water over the cashew and the besan mixture , a little at a time and mix making a thick batter to coat all the cashews.

3.  Set aside for a few minutes to let the ingredients get incorporated.

4. Heat oil in a pan on a medium-high heat and drop one cashew at a time making sure they don't stick to each other and fall in clumps.

5. Fry until they look crisp and golden brown.

6. Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel and quickly sprinkle the chaat masala while they are still hot.

7. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a cup of hot tea.





3 comments:

  1. Nice one, I too made this but with peanuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I've never heard of using nuts in pakoray! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.