Just when I had returned from my vacation and thought I was all ready to blog, life got busier with my children going back to School:) I have been cooking, taking pics and just not able to type up the recipes and post them. Hopefully, I will have more time at hand quickly and shall blog more frequently in sha Allah.
This post (Cashew Fritters) has been sitting in my drafts for a while now. I had actually made this quick snack for iftaar in Ramadan. Cashews happen to be my favorite nuts and it was all the more a reason to make them. Each bite was a nutty, creamy and crunchy goodness.
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Oil- enough to shallow fry
Chaat Masala-1 tsp
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients except the chaat masala and add the cashews to the mixture.
2. Sprinkle water over the cashew and the besan mixture , a little at a time and mix making a thick batter to coat all the cashews.
3. Set aside for a few minutes to let the ingredients get incorporated.
4. Heat oil in a pan on a medium-high heat and drop one cashew at a time making sure they don't stick to each other and fall in clumps.
5. Fry until they look crisp and golden brown.
6. Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel and quickly sprinkle the chaat masala while they are still hot.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a cup of hot tea.