Banana Cake (I am back)



Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahmeem

I am back after the longest break ever from blogging. I have missed reading all your blog posts and also missed sharing mine with you. We have travelled a lot this Summer, met family and friends.  One meeting with a blogging buddy in Dubai stands out from the rest. Rafeeda is a very bubbly and cheerful person exactly as I had imagined her to be from her blog posts. It was an amazing experience to meet a person in reality, whom  you have only known through blogging. My entire family enjoyed her company although for a short time. I look forward to meeting Rafs again and also many more bloggers in future:)

I haven't cooked or baked a whole lot since June and l have to restart all over again and continue posting my recipes:) Here's what I had whipped up quickly one day that flew away from the kitchen in minutes and luckily I had managed to take pics:) This is a recipe that requires minimal ingredients, and expertise. You can make it with ingredients that are already there in the pantry and  the fridge.



Ingredients:

Al purpose flour(ubleachhed)-1 cup
Eggs( organic) -3 large at room temp
Salt-1/4 tsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Sugar( organic)-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Sunflower oil-1/2 cup
Bananas(ripe)-3, mashed
Milk-2-3 tbs


Directions:

1.Preheat the oven at a 350 deg F.

2. In a standing mixer with the whisk attachment,  add the eggs and whisk until frothy.

3. Pour in the oil, bananas and the milk and continue whisking until everything gets well incorporated.

4. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, cardamom powder, turmeric powder roughly with a fork and pour it into the bowl and run the mixer only until just blended and all the ingredients come together.

5. Pour the cake batter into a greased baking dish or a loaf pan and bake it in the oven for 22 minutes or until a skewer or a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.

6.Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday maashallah
    Banana bread looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Akhila....have travelled the most this Summer. Just returned home two days ago:)

      Delete
  2. Awww...thank u so much Sal it was so good seeing u, still so fresh in my mind. The banana bread looks awesome...I love anything vit bananas in it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy you're back! I've been checking your blog religiously to see if you're back :)
    It sounds like you guys had an amazing summer... Anddd I literally just finished a mug of Chai and wish I had a slice of this fabulously moist looking cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henna, if our roads cross, this will be the cake I will make for you in sha ALlah!

      Delete
  4. welcome back. hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back! Banana cake looks great, the addition of turmeric sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks amazing mashaAllah :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.