Pink Whipped Cream Frosting



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I prefer using whipped cream as a frosting for my cakes, as opposed to the butter cream frosting. It feels more light and airy and is not as heavy as the butter cream one. Also I could use a small amount of sugar when using whipped cream than in the one with butter.  However, the kiddos were not happy with white frosting and wanted to see some colors. My new discovery of beet based color led me to make use of it in my frosting too.

This is just the way a slice of my cake looked with the pretty pink frosting:)




Ingredients:

Heavy whipping cream-1quart
Beet Juice-2-3 tbs
Essence- Rose
Organic Sugar( powdered)-1/2 cup

Directions:

1. Use an electric whisk or a standing mixer with a whisk attachment and whisk the whipping cream until it develops stiff peaks.

2. Add powdered sugar to whipped cream and run the whisk until the sugar gets incorporated.

3. Turn the mixer off and pour in the beet juice and mix well until you get the desired shade of pink or a deep red.

4. Use the whipped cream to frost your cake and enjoy!

Notes:

1. You may add any flavoring or essence you have added to your cake batter.

2. A small amount of the beet juice goes a long way. Use a tiny bit at a time and use more as needed.


7 comments:

  1. mashaAllah love the natural color :)

    I prefer whipped cream too, much better than buttercream. What kind of cake is that? recipe please :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rabz, Thanks

      Allpurpose flour-2 cups
      Salt-a pinch
      Baking powder-1 tsp
      Sugar-1 cup
      Egs-4
      Canola Oil-1 cup
      Essence-1 tsp(of your choice)

      Mix the dry ingredients and set them aside. Beat the eggs and mix the rest of the wet ingredients and then mix both to just get them incorporated and bake in a pre heated oven at 375 deg for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

      I baked mine in a bundt pan:)

      Delete
  2. What a natural and beautiful way to add color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, first time to your site. lovely set of recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing dear.. I love that you used beet juice instead of colorings.. My son loves strawberry cake.. I will try this the next time I bake a cake for him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is better than artificial colors! Lovely color & delicious cake!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.