Sookhi Maash Ki Daal (Dry Skinless Black Gram)-2

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

When there is a thing that my family member enjoys, or is beneficial for health, I try to find many different ways to cook it. Maash ki daal also called urad daal is a white lentil which is a black gram) is a white lentil with black skin and is known to have numerous health benefits, besides getting cooked in a short amount of time. I have already posted a recipe here a while ago and now  a twist I have given wih a slight variation in ingredients. I have to tell you it was very delicious and folks around here could not have enough of it and I had to tell them there is no more left, with a promise to make it again soon. If you have some urad daal at home, I think you must try making this:)


Ingredients

Urad Daal(skinless split black gram)-1 cup, soaked for an hour
Salt-to taste
Red pepper flakes-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Water- as needed


For tempering

Oil- as needed
Onion-1 small
Fresh coriander-to garnish,
Fresh mint-to garnish
Chopped green pepper-1 tsp

Directions

1. Take a big pot and add the water, maash ki daal, salt, crushed pepper, turmeric powder, corainder powder, cumin seeds and bring to a boil on high heat uncovered.

2. Reduce the heat to a medium and cook until the daal is soft yet still holding shape with a lid and most of the water dries up.

3. While the daal is still in the pot on medium heat, heat oil in a saute pan and fry the onions until they turn golden brown and pour the oil and the onion mixture( save some fried onions for garnishing) onto the daal and give it a stir and boil it for a minute or two.

4. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish fried with green peppers, onions, cilantro and mint leaves.

5. Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. Maash ki Daal is one of the daals I don't make...my famly loves daal so I think I should give this a try! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my fav dishes with urad dal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the urad dhal at home and am gonna dive into this simple yet tantalizing dish. Looks fabulous for our rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this daal, your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummyy i am going to make this tomorrow Inshallah

    ReplyDelete
  6. came out awesome MA I tried today..hubby also loved it:)..never ever seen such a recipe like this before easy & quick to prepare ..tastes wonderful

    DOC-H;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.