Fruit Infused Water

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

What does water taste like? Nothing right? Isn't that one of the reason people turn to artificially flavored, sugar-laden carbonated drinks? We have to change that and take charge of what we put inside our bodies and also set a healthy example to folks around, to make healthy choices of food and drinks that can leave lasting effect.



Lemon water is good to taste and also good for a number of reasons. We can add lots of other fruits and herbs and let them infuse the water and reap the benefits as we go.  In this post, I have added lemon juice, raspberries and honey for a sweet taste. I also made a larger batch and and left it in a pitcher just so that it reminds me to drink water and also keep a track of how much water I have drunk in a day.




Ingredients:

Water-10-12 ozs
Raspberries-1/4- 1/2 cup
Lemon-1, (1/2 sliced and 1/2 juiced)
Honey-to taste

Directions:

1. Pour water in a tall serving glass.

2. Add the raspberries to it.

3. Pour the honey and lemon juice and give it a good stir.

4. Add the lemon slices and let it sit at least for 1/2 hour before drinking.

5. Enjoy!

Notes: You can bruise the raspberries and the herbs  a little before adding to the water as it would help release the flavor faster.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Julie, you said it right. After I let the water sit, it had developed a prominent and mild flavor of raspberries.

      Delete
  2. wow... that's a brilliant idea, dear... i love that backgrouund, MaShaAllah, beautiful place, here we don't have nature as such... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great way to get people to drink more water! I've seen things like this floating around the internet, and some people like to get fancy and call it "spa water" LOL

    Anyway, yours looks delicious! I love the idea of mixing raspberries, lemon, and honey. I'm sure the honey is a delicious way to sweeten the tart lemons and raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of the name "spa water" before. I think it is so cool:)

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.