Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

March had not even begun and it ended too quickly. April caught up pretty well and even before we know, the year 2013 will bid a good bye. I can't believe it has been a while since my last post. Today, I am sharing with you a recipe of these rich and delicious cupcakes that have a very intense chocolate flavor, along  with a subtle hint of coffee. And, when frosted with a dollop of freshly whipped cream, it melts in your mouth right away. It has a very soft crumb from the sunflower oil I have used.


Ingredients:

For the cupcakes

Unbleached All purpose flour-2 cups
Salt-1/4 tsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder-1 tbs
Coffee powder-1 tsp
Dark chocolate -3.5 oz( melted over a double boiler and cooled)
Sunflower oil-1 cup
Organic Eggs-4, at room temperature
Sugar-1 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Chocolate shavings-1 tbs

For the frosting.,

Heavy whipping cream-1 cup
Powdered sugar-as needed
Vanilla essence-  1/2 tsp




Directions:



1. Preheat the oven to a 350 deg F.

2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.

3. Mix together the all purpose flower, salt, baking powder, baking soda,  coffee powder, cocoa powder and set aside.

4. Beat the eggs until frothy and  to it, add in the oil, melted chocolate and sugar and mix well.

5. To this liquid mixture, add the flour mixture,  use a spatula to mix all the ingredients until just combined.

6. Fill each cupcake liner until 3/4 of the way, leaving room for them to rise.

7. Put the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for twenty minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.

8. Turn off the oven and remove the cupcakes out and let them cool completely.



For the frosting 

1. Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla essence until they hold stiff peaks.

2. Pour the frosting into a piping bag and pipe it over the cup cakes and drizzle some chocolate shavings over the frosting.

3. Enjoy!



16 comments:

  1. I've never cooked or baked with sunflower oil....will have to give it a try. Cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very frosting,yummy cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite pictures, it gives so much pleasure to see those beautiful cuppies, I bet they taste lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they do really looks decadent... one for me plss... or should i take two??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delish mashaAllah :)I love chocolate cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rabia:) Folks here love them too!

      Delete
  6. omg these look amazing! I love that you used whipped cream instead of buttercream. I would choose whipped over buttercream anyday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henna, I would too and seriously, I have never ever used buttercream. It is too heavy for my taste.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.