March had not even begun and it ended too quickly. April caught up pretty well and even before we know, the year 2013 will bid a good bye. I can't believe it has been a while since my last post. Today, I am sharing with you a recipe of these rich and delicious cupcakes that have a very intense chocolate flavor, along with a subtle hint of coffee. And, when frosted with a dollop of freshly whipped cream, it melts in your mouth right away. It has a very soft crumb from the sunflower oil I have used.
For the cupcakes
Unbleached All purpose flour-2 cups
Baking powder-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder-1 tbs
Coffee powder-1 tsp
Dark chocolate -3.5 oz( melted over a double boiler and cooled)
Sunflower oil-1 cup
Organic Eggs-4, at room temperature
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Chocolate shavings-1 tbs
For the frosting.,
Heavy whipping cream-1 cup
Powdered sugar-as needed
Vanilla essence- 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to a 350 deg F.
2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. Mix together the all purpose flower, salt, baking powder, baking soda, coffee powder, cocoa powder and set aside.
4. Beat the eggs until frothy and to it, add in the oil, melted chocolate and sugar and mix well.
5. To this liquid mixture, add the flour mixture, use a spatula to mix all the ingredients until just combined.
6. Fill each cupcake liner until 3/4 of the way, leaving room for them to rise.
7. Put the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for twenty minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
8. Turn off the oven and remove the cupcakes out and let them cool completely.
For the frosting
1. Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla essence until they hold stiff peaks.
2. Pour the frosting into a piping bag and pipe it over the cup cakes and drizzle some chocolate shavings over the frosting.