Monk's Salad

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Yes, more eggplant recipes here:)

I am a big fan of Mediterranean food! Research shows that Mediterranean diet is very healthy  as it includes a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits, healthy fats etc. Long before I was even blogging, I was a regular reader of www.tasteofbeirut.com. It's author Joumana, showcases Mediterranean foods at their best. I am fascinated by the simplicity of her recipes and the most exotic ingredients she shares with the world. Today, I am sharing with you her recipe of a unique salad that she has made look so simple and is definitely delicious.


Ingredients:

Eggplant-1 big, fire roasted (peeled, cut and mushed up)
Parsely-1/2 bunch, chopped
Salt- to taste
Garlic-2 cloves, ground
olive-oil-2 tbs
Pomegranate molasses-1 tsp( found at middle eastern grocery stores)
Lemon juice-2 tsps
Tomatoes-2 small, cubed
Green Onions-1/2 cup
White onion-1/2 chopped

Directions:

1. In a big bowl, add the chopped parsely, green onions, salt, garlic paste, olive oil, eggplant, pomegranate molasses, tomatoes, lemon juice and give it a good mix.

2. Transfer to a serving plate.

3. Enjoy! 





4 comments:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.