"Decadence in every bite" is this dessert. This is a very easy dessert to put together and it looks and tastes amazing. It is not at all a "mess" as the name suggests but is an amalgamation of different colors, flavors and textures. It is fruity, soft, crunchy and creamy with undertones of lemon flavor from the lemon zest and vanilla from the meringue cookies. This is a great way to treat family and friends with the least effort. It is a great make-ahead dessert where you can whip up the cream, cut up strawberries and make meringue cookies and store them seperately and assemble just before serving.
Heavy whipping cream -1 cup
Meringue cookies : as needed
Powdered sugar-a s needed
Strawberries- as needed (cut)
Mint leaves- to garnish
Pomegranate molsses-1 tbs
Lemon zest- i tsp
1. Sprinkle some confectioners sugar, pomegranate molasses and salt over the strawberries and set aside to for them to mascerate.
2. Whip the heavy cream along with the lemon zest and sugar, until just before it reaches the soft peak stage.
3. Crumble some meringue cookies into the cream.
4. Add most of the softened strawberries( leave some to garnish) into the cream and gently fold them in.
5. To serve, pour out the strawberry mixture into a serving bowl or a glass cup, top it with some strawberries along with its juice and garnish with a few mint leaves.