Peanut Chutney-4


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


No, I have not abandoned my blog dear readers:) We have, all at the same time or some of us at another, been under the weather for the past five weeks, leaving me no time to blog. I had in between managed to take a few pics of the new things I had tried to make and loved the results. I hope to be able to post in sha Allah all those recipes soon.

There are endless ways, well almost, to make chutneys with one main ingredient and slight variations of the other minor ingredients.. And, I love to try every way and make it shine on my dining table. This specific chutney is not very creamy and soft like the older chutneys. It is rather coarse and thicker in consistency. Once you taste it, you will immediately fall in love with it and discover new ideas to serve it along with the main meal. Here's what we are gonna need to make this tangy peanut chutney.


Ingredients:

Peanuts-1 cup, raw and skinless
Salt- to taste
Dry red chillies-4-6
Tamarind pulp-1/4 cup
Onions-1 small
Garlic-1 tbs, chopped
Asafoetida-a pinch
Oil-1 tbs

For tempering :

Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-few
Oil-2 tsps


Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and add onions and stir fry until they turn light brown.

2. Add garlic and fry for a few seconds and immediately add the dry red chillies and fry until crisp.

3. Add peanuts and stir again until they get roasted.

4. Add the asafoetida dn turn off the stove.

5.Allow the mixture to cool completely.

6. Grind the peanut mixture along with salt and tamarind pulp until coarse .

7. Transfer to a serving bowl.

8.To temper, heat oil in a saute pan and tip in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and when they both crackle, add the curry leaves and turn off the stove.

9. Quickly pour the tempering over the chutney and serve.

10. Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. love it with hot idli's :)
    delicious chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this coarse version of chutney too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious!And I'm a sucker for peanut type sauces... But what's asafoetida? Would love to be better informed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asafoetida is also called hing in India. It is a very pungent smelling dried gum. It has a lot of medicinal value at the same time adds its unique flavor, when used in small quantities.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.