Today, I baked cookies that looked, felt, and weighed like sweet clouds :) They were light and airy and melted in the mouth as soon as they were bit into. I used 3 egg yolks, some sugar and a few other ingredients and used a electric whisk and whisked them up until they held stiff peaks, piped 45 cookies onto a baking sheet and they were ready to indulge in about 30-40 minutes in the oven and a few minutes to cool before we dug in.
Recipe adapted from here :
Cream of tartar-1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to a 275 deg F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Put the egg whites into a big bowl and start whisking with an electric whisk for 30 seconds.
4. Once they start to froth, add the cream of tartar and salt and beat for another minute.
5.. Add in the sugar and continue whisking until they form soft peaks.
6. Pour in the vanilla essence at this point and whisk until they develop stiff peaks.
7.Use a spatula to put the whisked eggs into a piping bag with a desired tip and pipe desired sized circular mounds.
8. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 45 minutes( half way through turn the sheet around for an even baking.)
9. Turn off the oven when the cookies develop a pale color.
10. Leave the sheet inside for a few minutes inside the oven to develop a crispy outside and remain smooth inside.
11. Remove from the oven and let them rest outside for a few moments before they cool and transfer them to a platter and enjoy!