Stir-fried Tuna

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I can't even think of why I have not yet posted a recipe of this quick-fix finger-licking good side dish that I generally serve with plain white rice and khatti daal. Everytime I make this for dinner, it always vanishes completely from the bowl and folks here tell me it tasted really good:) The only thing  you will need to do is to cut the onions thinly and fry them until they turn crispy. Once that is done and you throw in some seasonings and spices, , your tuna is ready in a jiffy.

Ingredients:

Canned tuna-2 cans (drained)
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Onions-2 medium, thinly sliced
Oil-as needed
Fresh cilantro-to garnish

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a wok and fry onions until they turn golden brown and also turn crispy.

2. Put the ginger-garlic paste and saute until it gets fried.

3. To this, add the drained tuna followed by the salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and give it a good mix.

4. Reduce the heat to a medium and spread the tuna out in the wok and let it cook until the water content in the fish gets reduced.

5. After a few minutes, gently stir the tuna around and spread it out once again.

6. Once it gets cooked and you see oil seperating itself from the tuna, turn off the stove and leave it aside for five minutes.

7. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy!

Notes:

1. You may want to add garam masala or chaat masala if you desire.

2. Additionally, you might want to add some cubed tomatoes toward the end and leave them slightly cooked but not mushy and soft.


5 comments:

  1. Simply delish tuna stirfry dear! I love this kinda simple ones with rasam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. easy breasy yumy fry.nice blog vth cool cliks dishes.
    BTW Iam back to blogging..plz visit my space n if gets sum time check out my new FB page dear.Thanks in advance..
    Maha

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.