Chicken is very versatile. You can give twists to the curries you can make by simply playing with the ingredients. After days of eating mild and simple food, I was craving something tangy, something hot and something that tickles my palate. I grabbed all those simple ingredients that would be a harmonious combination of fresh, tangy, spicy and milky taste and created a delicious curry.
Chicken-1 lb, cut up with skin on and bone in
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
Coconut milk-2 cups, thick
Fresh cilantro-1 cup chopped
Lemon juice-1/4 cup
Onions-1 medium, thinly sliced
1. Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, red pepper powder, turmeric powder for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
2. Grind the cilantro, green peppers to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a big wok and fry onions until golden brown and crispy.
4. Add the marinated chicken and saute until the pieces turn golden brown.
5. Pour the coconut milk, cilantro mixture, lemon juice onto the pieces and give it a good stir.
6. Cook on high heat until the mixture comes to a boil without a lid.
7. After the curry starts to boil, lower the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bow and garnish with some chopped cilantro.