Black Forest Cake and also My 300th post:)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


Dear readers, this post marks another milestone for my blog with my 300 th post. Without the help of my Lord in every step of my way, I wouldn't have been able to reach this number.

There are a number of people in my life who have been a source of strength for me in maintaining this Blog. My own family members, in different capacities are the immediate and lucky eaters and strong critics in a good sense of course :)


My mom has been the backbone  of this blog with her constant encouragement and contributions to the recipes. I have inherited only a percentage of her confidence in all areas of life.

My dad has always been a silent source of teaching me how to perfect the art of cooking, all the way from safely cutting and chopping vegetables etc., to achieving the exact texture and appeal of the food I  cook.


I also have my brothers' choices in mind and share the recipes virtually because I cannot actually make them eat the food I cook as we live hundreds of miles away.


Then, I am thankful to all those regular readers and their regular comments from the bottom of my heart. Let me tell you, if not for your comments and encouragement, my blog would have just been a diary of recipes. Your comments make me feel accomplished and every effort feels worth it.


Thanks to all those shy readers also who do not comment  and yet, add to the number of visitors to my space:) However, I would really appreciate it if you do write and let me know if you like a certain recipe or what should not have been added and such. Or go ahead and ask me for any other recipe you would like to see and I will do it just for you:)




Black Forest cake happens to be one of my favorite cakes and also the least eaten as the ones that are sold at restaurants or bakeries mostly add alchohol to it and we do not eat or drink anything that contains alchohol or pork based ingredients. However, since I am not a very creative person like many of you are, I was always intimidated by the intricate texture and appeal of  black forest cake. After spending a long time looking at various videos, and reading recipes, I went ahead and made one myself and took  many pictures to share with all of you. Believe me, it was not at all difficult to make. Every bit of it was easy and fun. There was just a little extra cleaning up that was involved but, the rest turned out the way I had pictured in my mind.If you have never attempted making one yet, go ahead and make one and amaze yourself.




Ingredients:

For the cake..,

All purpose unbleached flour-2 cups
Salt-a pinch
Baking powder-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
Instant coffee powder-1 tsp
Vegetable oil-1 cup
Eggs-4
Sugar-1 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Chocolate baking bar-1 (4 oz), melted over a double boiler


For the frosting..,

Heavy cream-1 cup, chilled
Powdered sugar-1/2 cup
Vanilla essence-1/2 spoon

For garnishing..,

Maraschino cherries- as needed ( along with the syrup), a few set aside whole for decorating and the rest of them chopped into two pieces each.

Chocolate shavings-as needed (1/2 Chocolate bar)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to a 350 deg F.

2. Sift together  the all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder and set aside.

3. Whisk the eggs until frothy, and add the oil, melted and cooled chocolate, vanilla essence and sugar and whisk until all the ingredients are all mixed well.

4. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix well using a spatula until all the  ingredients come together.

5. Grease a round non-stick cake pan, pour the batter in and bake it for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.

6. Turn the oven off, remove the cake pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.

7. Remove the cake onto a cooling rack and let it cool completely.

8. Using a bread knife, cut the cake into three discs of equal thickness and set them aside seperately.

9. Take a bowl and pour chilled heavy cream, sugar and vanilla essence and whisk until you get stiff peaks.

10. Place the bottom layer of the cake stand and pour a couple tbs of the syrup from the maraschino cherries all over, followed by two tbs of chopped cherries.

11. Pour a couple tbs of the whipped cream on the same layer of the cake and spread evenly using a spatula.

12. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining two layers.

13. Now, to give the cake a finished look, use as  much whipped cream needed to coat and cover the entire cake.

14. Fill the remaining whipped cream in a piping bag, fitted with a star tip and create a border on the top and add a few flowers with the piping bag and top them with whole cheries.

15. Finally, sprinkle some shaved chocolate all over the sides and some on the top.

16. Chill in the refrigerator for atleast 1/2 an hour before serving.

17. Enjoy!













30 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 300th post,looking forward to see more interesting recipes..Yummy black forest,love this a lot..beautifully done!!
    Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  2. maashallah beautiful cake for a wonderful occasion congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an inspiration to me Torview, you know it:) thanks!

      Delete
  3. Congrats dear... The cake looks so yummilicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats. cake looks great, especially the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dassana, I am still working on the photography part:)

      Delete
  5. Happy 300 posts (:
    It's really a milestone achieved, I'm glad for you having made it this far. I don't even have 50 posts up yet. Time will tell though.
    I love black forest cake and trust me, your looks exactly like the one at bakeries. By the way, just a suggestion. Why don't you upload photos of bigger size? I'm sure they'll look even greater. Already they are great shots.
    Love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrates and what a way to celebrate. Perfect cake and BTW it's my favorite cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the cake.....guess what? you are now going to have to make it for me!!!!!!

    your niece from California.....you know who.....(-;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww my lovely niece, this is the cutest comment on this blog ever baby! I promise you I will make it for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats.....Delicious and creative, I'd love to try it....BTW plz visit my space n check out new FB page if u free..Hope u will ..thanx in advance.
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful cake! If I make it out your way will you make it for me too, insha Allah?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your 300th post! And a great way to celebrate! The cake looks delicious and very professionally done...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at cakes, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have interesting, you can load to louis vuitton online

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. masha allah... ur cake came out pretty well. it's been long since i made a BF cake..ur pictures make me want to make one soon.. slurp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Publishing 300 posts is indeed a milestone that requires celebration!

    The cake looks awesome, mashaAllah!!! You actually made a black forest. How impressive is that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! n de cake looks yummylicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohmygod! You have made this cake the exact same way the cheesecake shop does it here! Even better you have a cherry in the middle (look at how it comes from their shop: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M5eNIB4OEXo/TkTqnmzinGI/AAAAAAAAA9c/pjlyHdbm3RQ/s1600/IMG_6558.JPG

    Wow! I'm so impressed, especially after being away from the blogosphere for a long time, you've brought me back with a wonderful delight. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats.... n the cake looks perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Social Media Marketing is a very easy way for Marketing and Advertising, Now you can Get Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Favorites, Youtube Views,Subscribes,Likes, Google Plus Followers, Stumbleupon Followers, Digg Followers, Websites Visitors and Much More.
    Just Visit the Website and Start Promoting now without any Charges
    GetLikeFast.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Latest Hot Current Affairs, Entertainment News, Pictures, Videos, Latest Hot News updates, Business News, Online Marketing, Online Jobs, Mp3 Tunes, Latest Ringtones, Bollywood Girls, Entertainment Girls, Hot Girls and Most popular Affairs in the World
    Daily News updates about Latest and Hot Current Affairs
    HotCurrentAffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW ...reqlly well done...Insha Allah I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking delicious. Nice Recipe of black forest cake . I will try this ; because its time consuming and looking easy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This cake looks scrumptious mashaAllah. I grew up with lots of cakes my dear mom used to make for us and having it in abundance I never was crazy about them. Now, that I'm on my own I miss my dear mom's gorgeous cakes, and your cake definitely reminds me of all the gourmet goods of my mom's. I love your blog and wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award. http://muslimgirlinlove.com/2015/01/09/i-was-awarded-the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blackforest cake is looking really delicious. Recipe steps are easy and clear to follow. Visiting first time and happy to follow your blog. Such a wonderful collection you have. Great !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks fabulous.. I can never master the art of black forest, i hope some day i m gonna perfect it..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.