Who can refuse this nutty and creamy(without the cream of course) goodness in a bowl? I cook this curry in a hurry and also, if I see a busy day ahead, I simply marinate the chicken and refrigerate it and cook it the following day and this marination makes the chicken super-moist and a delight in every bite. Specifically for this curry, I prefer smaller pieces of chicken with the skin still on. Serve it along with flat bread or a bowl of cumin flavored rice and you will have one happy family:)
Chicken-1 lbs, skin on (cut into small pieces)
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-!/2 tsp
Ginger- garlic paste-1 tbs
Garam masala-1 tsp
Roasted almonds-1/2 cup, ground to a fine powder
1. In a small bowl, mix together the ginger-garlic paste, salt, red pepper powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
2. Rub this mixture into the chicken pieces well and set them aside at least for half hour.
3. In a big pot, pour oil and fry onions until golden brown in color and crispy and remove them with a slotted spoon.
4. Blend the yogurt, garam masala and the fried onions, almond powder or simply crush the onions and mix them with the yogurt and set aside.
5. In the remaining oil, fry the pieces of chicken on high heat until the juices are all released and all the liquid dries up.
6. At this point, add the onion mixture and cook while gently moving the pieces together until you see the oil seperate from the gravy.
7. Add water to get a desired consistency and aloow it to come to a boil.
8. Lower the heat and cook for five minutes.
9. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.