Palak Paneer (Spinach with Paneer)



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I have read stories of how bloggers meet through blogs, or meetup at a bloggers meet ups. I have never read about how someone bumped into a blogger in a place that is far away from home:) I have met awesome people in awesome places in awesome situations! Last year when I was visiting my parents in good old California, I met an American lady at the Indian Store. The amazing thing was, after we smiled at each other and chatted for a little bit, we discovered we were both food bloggers. She knew all the Indian ingredients like a pro! After I got back to Texas, we did visit and comment on each others blog posts a few times. On one of my recent visits to her blog, I was amazed to watch a video of her MIL making Palak Paneer. Coincidentally, I had bought paneer and spinach a day ago. I quickly followed her recipe and it tasted absolutely fantastic. This is the most authentic punjabi recipe I have ever come accross. I have tweaked it a little bit  and used sesame oil. This has imparted a strong flavor and yet is creamy and dreamy and restaraunt-style without all the extra cream:)



Ingredients:


to be boiled and ground..,

Spinach-2 bunches
Onions-1 large
Tomatoes-3 small
Green peppers-4
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsps
Water-1 cup

to stir fry..,

Oil-2 tbs
Onion-1 sliced
Garlic- 1 tbs, chopped
Garam masala-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cilantro-a handful, chopped
Paneer-2 cups, cubed

Directions:

1. Boil the spinach, tomatoes, onions, salt, peppers, ginger-garlic paste along with the water until cooked and very little liquid id left.

2.Turn off the stove nd allow it to cool.

3. Blend the spinach mixture to a fine paste and set aside.

4. Heat oil in a pot and add the chopped garlic and saute until brown.

5. Add the onions and fry them until they turn golden brown.

6.Add the ground spinach along with garam masala to the onions and cook on high heat for two minutes.

7. Add the paneer to it and half of the cilantro and give it a stir and let it cook for another few minutes.

8.Turn off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy!











6 comments:

  1. What a fun article!! I'm so glad the palak paneer came out well. I love the idea of using sesame oil. I've seen the VahChef (on YouTube) use sesame oil and mustard oil in palak dishes.

    The dish looks great...and are those chapatis on the side, or are they parathas? Whatever they are they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this kind of palak consistency, never a fan of puree palak paneer.
    http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. blogging is a nice world where you connect with like minded bloggers. i liked the situation in which you both met and connected. i have liked colleen page on fb and will check out her posts.. the palak paneer is looking good and i wanna have it but without the paneer of course...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.