Stir-fried Kale

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

During a casual discussion about food-the healthy kind, at a dinner party, this very kind lady encouraged me to try including Kale in our food for it has a lot of health benefits. When I came home and did a search and was impressed. I went to the store and bought a bag of organic chopped kale and cooked it right away. The kale leaves are tough and feel rough to touch. It took a while to cook them with addition of water. They tasted very much like stir-fried amaranth leaves. I intend to add them while making a smoothie for myself next time. For now, her's my recipe..

Ingredients :

Kale-3-4 cups packed, washed (chopped)
Salt-to taste
Garlic-1 tbs, chopped
Onion-1/4 sliced
Green peppers-2-3, cut into small pieces
Oil-1 tbs
Water-as needed

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic and peppers and stir until they soten a little.

2. Tip in the washed kale and add the water and salt.

3. Cook until the water drys up and the kale is cooked.

4. Transfer to a sering bowl and serve with plain phulkas.

5. Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. i have never had kale nor we get it here. from your description i can imagine how what its taste must be. i make a similar stir fry with spinach and sometimes amaranth.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.