Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
By now, you readers are aware about how much I like chutneys. A chutney can really make the dinner table shine with either a lavish spread or a humble one. Upon the suggestion of Nadia, I went ahead and added pan-roasted tomatoes and green peppers that added a rich smokey flavor and well as a creamier texture to my very old peanut chutney.
Peanuts-2 cups, roasted
Tomatoes-2 small, cut in two halves
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Mint leaves- 2tbs chopped
Green peppers-2, slit
Garlic-1 tsp, chopped
1. Pour a tiny bit of oil in a pan and roast the tomatoes and green peppers until they become soft and get brown specks on them and turn off the stove and let cool.
2. Blend together the peanut, salt, peppers, mint leaves, tomatoes and the pepper powder along with a desired amount of water until smooth.
3.Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a saute pan and pop in the chopped garlic and allow it to turn brown.
5. Put in the green peppers and stir for a few seconds.
6. Turn off the stove and quickly pour the tempering onto the chutney.