Peanut-Tomato Chutney


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

By now, you readers are aware about how much I like chutneys. A chutney can really make the dinner table shine with either  a lavish spread or a humble one. Upon the suggestion of Nadia, I went ahead and added pan-roasted tomatoes and green peppers that added a rich smokey flavor and well as a creamier texture to my very old peanut chutney.


Ingredients:

Peanuts-2 cups, roasted
Salt-to taste
Green peppers-2-3
Tomatoes-2 small, cut in two halves
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Mint leaves- 2tbs chopped
Water-as needed

For tempering,

Oil-1 tbs
Green peppers-2, slit
Garlic-1 tsp, chopped


Directions:

1. Pour a tiny bit of oil in a pan and roast the tomatoes and green peppers until they become soft and get brown specks on them and turn off the stove and let cool.

2. Blend together the peanut, salt, peppers, mint leaves, tomatoes and the pepper powder  along with a desired amount of water until smooth.

3.Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.

4. Heat oil in  a saute pan and pop in the chopped garlic and allow it to turn brown.

5. Put in the green peppers and stir for a few seconds.

6. Turn off the stove and quickly pour the tempering onto the chutney.

7.Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. This looks like a hearty recipe for fall
    full of somforting flavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. inviting..
    happy to follow u...
    would be glad if u follow back :)

    http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be such a delightful chutney to try! I am bookmarking this recipe for the next time i grab peanuts to eat I will reserve a portion to try this, as it looks just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this chutney, I am a big time chutney freak and love to experiment with lots of combos, your look really nice one..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.