Dry Peanut Chutney

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Got enough of my chutneys yet? Wait more recipes of them are coming. Eating healthy is not equal to eating bland food. Actually healthy foods can taste good and still benefit you. This is a powdered chutney and can be eaten as a dip, mixed with olive oil or sesame oil or mustard oil or sprinkled over a plate of steaming-hot rice and lentil soup. The ways to serve are unlimited. Bland food suddenly becomes mouth-watering. This happens to be a very popular chutney in   Maharastra (a region in India). Any readers from there can point out any additions or subtractions I could make here. To me, it is just too good. You can actually substitute almonds for peanuts. It is all the more better but, it would not have the distinct flavor of peanuts.

Ingredients:

Peanuts:1 cup, roasted
Coconut powder-2 tbs, roasted
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric powder- to taste
Asafoetida-1/2 tsp
Garlic-1 tbs, chopped

Directions:

1. Grind together all ingredients until all the ingredients are incorporated and you get a coarse mixture.

2. Do not overgrind as you will end up with a peanut butter and not a powdered texture.

3.Transfer to a serving plate like I did or a bowl if you wish to:)

4. Enjoy!





3 comments:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.