If you prefer or are craving something fiery hot this is a recipe you must try. It is extremely delicious is with a lot of flavors bursting in your mouth and has a creamy texture. It can be made with either meat or vegetables. The base of the gravy is the same and the choice is yours either to add meat or vegetables. This is my sister-in-law's recipe and I have to tell you it is super-delicious.
Meat-1 pound, fat trimmed and washed
Onions-1 medium, sliced
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Red pepper powder-as needed
Green peppers-as needed, slit lengthwise
Curry leaves-a few
Cilantro-a handful, chopped
Rice-2 tbs, soaked and ground to a fine paste
Garam masala-1 - 1/2 tsp
1. Pressure cook meat along with oil, onions, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder until done and turn the stove off.
2. Let the pressure settle down fully and then remove the lid of the pressure cooker.
3. Put it back on the stove and add tomatoes and cook until they become pulpy.
4. Put in the green peppers and stir until oil seperates itself from the gravy.
5. Add the rice paste along with the garam masala and give it a good mix.
6.Add desired amount of water and cook on high heat until it comes to a rolling boil.
7. Put the chopped cilantro and the whole curry leaves and turn off the stove.
8. Pour out the kadi in a serving bowl and enjoy while it is still hot.