Coconut-Tahini Candy





Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium and many more vital vitamins and minerals with a v many  health benefits. Every time I cook, I try to incorporate healthy foods in my cooking. I use whole sesame seeds in a couple things and sesame paste called tahini, in a couple things. After we all finished eating a Syrian Halvah  made from tahini and sugar, I bought from a Persian  Store, I started to crave for more. The fact is it contains more sugar than we should be eating. So, I used a recipe from this video and made a tahini candy , that needed no cooking at all and has my favorite ingredients, honey and coconut. Read on and see how easy it is to make a candy and you don't even have to cook it:)




Ingredients:
 
Tahini-1 cup
Coconut powder-2 cups
Coconut oil-2 tbs
Honey-as much or as little as needed
Salt-a pinch

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients well until incorporated.

2.Pour out the mixture onto a flat plate and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.


3. Use a serrated knife and cut into desired shapes and desired number of pieces and sprinkle some dry coconut on the top and enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. I've never seen tahini used this way - so interesting! Quite interested to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam,

    do you think i can use desiccated coconut instead of powder? and can i substitute coconut oil with butter or regular oil?

    they look soo good mA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rabiya, you can use dessicated coconut instead of the powder. However, I donot reccommend regular oil as they are less healthy. Coconut oil has a lot of health benefits and light and flavorful. Try using olive oil if you wish.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I made them without oil..they turned out awesome!

    I usually eat dates dipped in tahini. I think I'm going to stuff my dates with tahini coconut mixture and skip the honey :P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.