Beet Muffins

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

It had been a while since I baked cakes and muffins. I had these lovely beets that had been sitting in the fridge for a while. I used one and steamed it and added it to the regular cake batter along with some non-alkalized cocoa powder and baked these beautiful muffins. I also made some pretty cakes in the sandwich maker and here are some pics for you to see:) Also note that I have used a blender to mix all the ingredients.



Ingredients:

All purpose flour(unbleached)-2 cups
Salt-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Vegetable oil-1 cup
Eggs-4, at room temperature
Sugar-1 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Beets-1 cup chopped and steamed
Non-alkalised cocoa powder-1 heaped tsp

Directions:

1. Beat the eggs until fluffy in a blender along with the vanilla essence.

2.Add sugar and blend it for a couple seconds.

3.Add the oil and the steamed beets and blend until smooth.

4. Mix together all the dry ingredients and add  to the egg mixture and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated well.

5. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and pour the batter in each cup 3/4 th of the way and not full.

6. Bake the muffins in a pre-heated oven at 350 deg F for about ten minutes.

7.Stick a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, turn off the oven and pull the muffin tray out and set it aside to cool.

8.Enjoy!





12 comments:

  1. Nice :)
    First Time Here,You have very nice collection of Hyderabadi Recipe was so happy to your hydro recipe it makes me so happy :)
    If you get chance do pop-up my Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to make these, as I love beets; you mention adding cocoa powder to the batter, however it is not listed in your ingredients. Would you mind telling me how much you added to this? the muffins look beautiful and sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments on my posts Joumana, they mean a lot.

      I have now updated the recipe that was written in a hurry:)

      Delete
  3. Cute looking muffins dear! Hope it's not too late to wish you Eid Mubarak :)

    Join my Blog Event:~ DEEPAVALI DELIGHTS 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can see your pics improving. i still have to try making a beet cake or nuffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look great, lovely color! Hope you had a lovely Eid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beet muffins! Oh my god! :D
    I am SO going to do these once I get hold of beetroot! :D
    Have finished my uni semester now and have slipped back into the kitchen, can't wait to get up and going with blogging again! :D
    <3 fati's recipes

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.