The earliest memories of eating this curry goes back a long time in my memory. It was a staple at my father's punjabi friend's household and his wife made the best Rajma masala ever and served it with shiny, plain white rice. I have tried making this curry before but, it did not taste as good. Only this time I followed this foolproof recipe from this blog and it was utterly delicious.
Rajma(kidney beans)-2 cups, soaked overnight
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Cumn seeds-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsps
Baking soda-a pinch
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Amchur(dry mango powder)-1 tsp
1. Pressure cook the rajma with all the ingredients except amchur and garam masala until done.
2. Turn off the stove and let the steam escape.
3. Remove the lid and put the pressure cooker on the stove and cook on high heat until the gravy thickens.
4.Add the garam masala and amchur powder and give it a mix.
5. When the desired consistency is reached, turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with plain white rice.