Rajma Masala

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

The earliest memories of eating this curry goes back a long time in my memory. It was a staple at my father's punjabi friend's household and his wife made the best Rajma masala ever and served it with shiny, plain white rice. I have tried making this curry before but, it did not taste as good. Only this time I followed this foolproof recipe from this blog and it was utterly delicious.

Ingredients:

Rajma(kidney beans)-2 cups, soaked overnight
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Onions-one medium
Tomatoes-3, cubed
Cumn seeds-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsps
Oil-2 tbs
Baking soda-a pinch
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Amchur(dry mango powder)-1 tsp

Directions:

1. Pressure cook the rajma with all the ingredients except amchur and garam masala until done.

2. Turn off the stove and let the steam escape.

3. Remove the lid and put the pressure cooker on the stove and cook on high heat until the gravy thickens.

4.Add the garam masala and amchur powder and give it a mix.

5. When the desired consistency is reached, turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.

6. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with plain white rice.

7.Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Healthy curry.. firsttime here. happy to follow... do visit my space when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great u added some green mango powder! lovely recipe =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks again. glad you liked the recipe. this recipe of rajma masala is a fav at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so healthy and delicious! Rajma is one of the favorites in my comfort food list. I think the amchur is the one creating magic here. I should remember to add this ingredient next time. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy curry...do visit and join my space in your free time..

    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.